Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesdays With Dorie : Hazelnut Biscotti

Being from the Eastern Black Sea coast of Turkey, where 75% of the world's hazelnuts are produced, I love hazelnuts.. It is the go to nut for desserts at where I am from.. Any dessert with them feels very homey to me, and that is why I was very happy to try these Hazelnut Biscotti from Baking With Julia..

                  

The recipe is very easy to put together.. It may be one of the easiest that are in the Baking With Julia.. The only change I made to these biscotti was using dark rom instead of hazelnut liquor.. For the recipe please visit blogs of this week's hosts: Homemade and Wholesome and Baking and Boys.. Or buy the book Baking With Julia..  You can watch the episode of Julia Child's show in which they baked these biscotti from this link.. 

These hazelnut biscotti taste very good, just sweet enough with an intense hazelnut flavor.. And they are very very crunchy.. Mine turned out a bit harder to bite than I would like them to be, I think it could be because I cut them a bit thicker than recommended 1/2 inch.. They were great dunk into the coffee though :) 

Next recipe will be semolina bread.. Looking forward to trying it..

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day..

16 comments:

  1. I agree they were simple to make, not too sweet and perfect for dunking!! Haring you write about hazelnuts.. i am quite keen on making them with hazelnuts.. unfortunately we dont get them easily in India!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the hazelnuts in North America, so bring couple of bags full when coming back from Turkey once a year :)

      Delete
  2. they were simple to make but delicious nonetheless. Yours looks lovely and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ellerine saglik. fotodaki renkler cok sirin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely picture, Ferda! I also love hazelnuts big time :) I will be stopping in Istanbul this month and I will make sure to get some Turkish hazelnuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Let me know if you need any recommendations for where to eat and what to do in Istanbul..

      Delete
  5. Beautiful picture.
    We loved these biscotti and I'm glad they were easy to make as the family ask for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. Definitely, what is better than easy and tasty :)

      Delete
  6. I found these to be harder than I like too. How nice to get Turkish nuts! I would grab bags full too since they freeze well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better than the hazelnuts in the grocery stores here.. I keep them in the freezer..

      Delete
  7. I think these were at their best dunked into something.
    I didn't realize that's where most hazelnuts came from. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete